PA/USATF Sports Medicine Committee
Answers to Your Frequently Asked Questions
Print-ready pdf of the following information
RE: MEDICAL SUPERVISION
As part of the approval process for obtaining a sanction, the Pacific Association requires that you have ONE OF THE FOLLOWING AS YOUR PRIMARY MEDICAL PROVIDER(THEY MUST BE ON SITE OF THE EVENT AT ALL TIMES: EMT (BASIC / PARAMEDIC); NURSE (RN OR LVN); DOCTOR (MD OR DO). We need to identify this person and how to contact this person with current PHONE AND EMAIL). You must include this information on the sanction form under the Medical Section.
- APPROVED MEDICAL PROVIDERS (PRIMARY PROVIDER):
- EMT (BASIC / PARAMEDIC) with their own malpractice insurance
- NURSE (RN OR LVN) with their own malpractice insurance
- DOCTOR (MD OR DO) with their own malpractice insurance
- NOT APPROVED AS PRIMARY PROVIDER (SECONDARY PROVIDER OK):
- ATHLETIC TRAINER
- FIRST AID (BASIC/ADVANCED)
- FIRST RESPONDERS
- EMR (EMERGENCY MEDICAL RESPONDER)
- PARK RANGERS
Any other questions or assistance, please contact the Sports Medicine Committee Chair at either 415-722-8876 or [email protected].
If you also need help finding a medical provider for your event, let us know. We can provide you with a list of providers who have done prior sanctioned events.
RE: MEDICAL WAIVER
If you are taking prescription medications for asthma or diabetes that contain prohibited substances (listed below), you must submit a Medical Notification form annually
Request for accommodation pursuant to ADA ACT
RE: MEDICAL CLAIM FORM